Wednesday, August 31, 2016

COMING SOON: AN ARGUMENT AGAINST LINDA MALCOR'S ARTHURIAN THEORY


                                    A Sarmatian Tombstone from Chester on Hadrian's Wall

Quite a few years ago I had addressed Dr. Linda Malcor's theory on Lucius Artorius Castus and the Sarmatians in Britain.  The essay had lived at http://stagspirit.wordpress.com/2011/01/26/an-argument-against-dr-linda-malcor%E2%80%99s-arthurian-theory/ for several years before I deleted the site.  Unfortunately, while I believed I had carefully saved all the blog posts, some were lost.  This piece was one of the casualties.

As Malcor's theory still pervades the popular consciousness (although it is not considered a valid theory by her fellow academics), I thought I had better at least try to summarize what I had laid out in my earlier treatment of her work.  I will try to get this "redo by memory" posted within the next few days to a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment